Like the video? – ► SUBSCRIBE FREE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj ◄
4 Vlogs a week (MON, TUES, WED & FRI) FUNNY VLOGS, FUNNY NEWS, FULL MOVIE REVIEWs, FRIENDLY ADVICE & generally try to make you SMILE!
Is there anything better than waking up to the smells and sounds of applewood-smoked bacon sizzling in the frying pan?
It’s hard to argue that bacon isn’t one of the most delicious foods in the world. Unfortunately, due to some bad science, bacon’s reputation has been damaged over these past few decades.
For most people, bacon is considered more of a guilty pleasure than part of a healthy diet.
However, bacon is actually much healthier than the brainwashed Medical Establishment would lead you to believe…
Here are 10 reasons to enjoy a hearty helping of bacon any time of day.
1. It stops food cravings. The one property of bacon that’s been blasted by misguided medical professionals also happens to make it an excellent weight-loss food: Its high saturated fat content.
2. Bacon raises high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. HDL, or “good” cholesterol, is one of the most important markers for heart disease. The higher your HDL levels, the better your health — and conversely, the lower your HDL, the higher your chances of developing heart disease.
3. It’s low in carbs. Carbohydrates — not saturated fat — will make you fat. While the science is complex, it all has to do with how the fat-storing hormone insulin is affected by each macronutrient. Carbs raise insulin levels way more than fats do; and the more insulin you have in your blood stream, the more the food you eat will be stored as fat.
4. It contains a significant amount of protein — and high-quality protein at that. While bacon may not contain as much protein as a cut of steak, a few slices provide a decent amount of protein.
5. Bacon is a great source of selenium. This is a nutrient that’s a key component of a healthy thyroid gland. Selenium also happens to be a potent antioxidant that, when paired with antioxidant vitamin E, can prevent certain degenerative eye diseases and hair loss.
6. It’s chock-full of phosphorus. Phosphorus is a basic building block of your DNA, as well as ATP, the energy molecule that makes muscle movement possible.
7. It’s a potent packer of the B vitamin Niacin.
8. It contains choline. Choline has been hyped recently for being one of the most important vitamins for brain health.
9. It’s versatile. Bacon is a go-to for breakfast — but more and more, bacon is being added to all kinds of dishes. You can find bacon covered in chocolate, bacon in soup, even bacon-flavored vodka (that one’s not recommended!) at grocery stores and in restaurants. You can use bacon to spice up just about any dish, from appetizers to desserts.
10. Bacon is delicious! The best reason to eat bacon is its amazing taste! There are many different cuts and flavours out there, and it’s worth trying as many as you can…
LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE
● LATEST VIDEOS – goo.gl/ozeQA4
● Website – www.MrHairyBrit.com
● Twitter – goo.gl/CuZp9s
● Instagram – goo.gl/Bbj3Vt
● Facebook – goo.gl/X6LNyX
● Tumblr – goo.gl/7yhWg4
● Google+ – goo.gl/b9h8J2
Always looking for collab ideas or shout outs – message me here or on Twitter/Facebook 🙂
► SUBSCRIBE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj ◄