If you thought base jumping was already extreme – it’s just got a tad more radical.
The activity usually comprises of participants jumping from cliff edges or buildings with a parachute released to break their fall.
However, one group in Russia have, for the first time – they say – completed a base jump with a parachute canopy strapped to the jumper’s SKIN.
If you haven’t heard of suspension before, it’s an act of piercing meat hooks into a person’s skin so that they can be hung from them.
It brings about a spiritual awakening, some of its advocates claim, or simply to experience an adrenaline or endorphin rush.
It has a 5,000-year history but now Russian base jump crew The SINNER Team, from Moscow, have taken it one step further.
Watch some of their extreme bungee jumps and now base jumping using meat hooks through their skin and no harness.
- Skydiver falls from 9,000 feet, survives (ndtv.com)
- With parachutes tangled, Golden Knights make split-second decision to save life (stripes.com)
- Take a parachute and jump (b2bstorytelling.wordpress.com)
- Winter Haven Man Injured While Skydiving Sunday Afternoon in Lake Wales (theledger.com)
- 2 skydivers dead after colliding during Ariz. jump (kfwbam.com)
- Spartan Brigade leaders jump with Army’s T-11 parachute (dvidshub.net)