APPLE has been hit by a double-whammy of leaked information as online gossip continues to circulate about their new device.
And China Labor Watch – a workers’ rights group based in New York – accidentally confirmed the existence of the ‘budget iPhone’ in an article about poor working conditions in the Taiwanese factory that makes them.
Other sources – which have also leaked pictures of the 5C’s packaging – say the handset will simply be an iPhone 5 with a different shell, and will cost £227 ($349).
Apple gossip has been flooding the web in recent weeks, because the handsets have now gone into production – meaning more potential leakers have access to them.
But so far Apple hasn’t responded to any speculation, instead preferring to stick to its tradition of revealing all at a glitzy launch event.
- Apple Needs New iPhone 5S, iPhone Lite in September – Tom’s Hardware Guide (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- ‘iPhone 5C’ Packaging Pictured In China (ubergizmo.com)
- Leaked Apple Packaging Points To Budget iPhone Being Called ‘iPhone 5C’ – Cult of Mac (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- Packaging for a rumored budget iPhone 5C shows up online (iphonelatestupdates.wordpress.com)
- Is a more “affordable” iPhone coming this fall? (technoteamblog.wordpress.com)