Like the video? – ► SUBSCRIBE FREE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj ◄
4 Vlogs a week (MON, TUES, WED & FRI) FUNNY VLOGS, FUNNY NEWS, FULL MOVIE REVIEWs, FRIENDLY ADVICE & generally try to make you SMILE!
1. The dates 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, and 12/12 all fall on the same day of the week during any one year.
They’re called doomsdays, which are part of an algorithm designed to tell you the day of the week that any date of the year falls on.
2. The official color of the universe is “Cosmic Latte” (#FFF8E7).
The official color of the universe is “Cosmic Latte” (#FFF8E7).
In 2001, Johns Hopkins astronomers Karl Glazebrook and Ivan Baldry determined that the color of the universe was a greenish white, but they soon corrected their analysis in a 2002 paper, in which they reported that their survey of the color of all light in the universe averaged a slightly beigeish white. The survey included more than 200,000 galaxies, and measured the spectral range of the light from a large volume of the universe.
3. A Swedish couple named their kid “Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116.” The name is pronounced “Albin.”
They claimed it was “a pregnant, expressionistic development that we see as an artistic creation.” Sweden fined them 5,000 kronor.
4. In 1938, Adolf Hitler was Time magazine’s Man of the Year and in 1939, he was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
World War II began in 1939.
5. There are no clocks in Las Vegas casinos.
(The reason? To get you to lose track of time and keep gambling all of your cash away.)
6. Some people claim an episode of Johnny Bravo predicted 9/11.
Some people claim an episode of Johnny Bravo predicted 9/11.
In this scene from a Johnny Bravo episode that aired on the Cartoon Network on April 27, 2001, a movie poster appears to show a burning tower emitting a smoke cloud with the ominous words “COMING SOON.”
7. A “dancing plague” killed people in Strasbourg in 1518.
A “dancing plague” killed people in Strasbourg in 1518.
A “dancing mania” began in July 1518, when a woman, Frau Troffea, began to dance fervently in a street in Strasbourg for about four to six days. Within a week, 34 others had joined, and within a month, there were around 400 dancers. Some of these people eventually died from heart attack, stroke, or exhaustion.
8. Harry Nilsson’s song “Coconut” (“she put the lime in the coconut,” etc.) has only one chord in the entire song. It is the only song without any chord changes to reach the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
It reached No. 8 in 1972.
9. Applying a male’s underarm sweat to a female’s lips can help women relax, boost their mood and help regulate their menstrual cycle.
Applying a male’s underarm sweat to a female’s lips can help women relax, boost their mood and help regulate their menstrual cycle.
…and it tastes…great?
10. The USSR requested a white-colored Coca-Cola in the 1940s so that it looked like vodka.
Marshal of the Soviet Union Georgy Zhukov requested a clear version of the drink so that he wouldn’t be seen drinking Coca-Cola in public, as it was regarded in the Soviet Union as a symbol of American imperialism. To fill his request, a chemist removed the soda’s caramel color, and they put the drink in a clear bottle with a white cap and red star. Fifty cases were sent over.
11. Caligula, the emperor of Rome from 37 to 41 CE, ordered his troops to go to war with the sea.
Caligula, the emperor of Rome from 37 to 41 CE, ordered his troops to go to war with the sea.
He made them bring back seashells as “plunders of war,” indicative of his victory against Neptune.
12. Technically speaking, a female dude is a “dudine.”
13. Tiger sharks’ fetuses fight, and sometimes cannibalize, each other in the womb. The survivor is born.
Tiger sharks’ fetuses fight, and sometimes cannibalize , each other in the womb. The survivor is born.
14. If you eat a polar bear liver, you’ll probably die.
Their livers contain a toxic (to humans) amount of vitamin A.
15. Shoppers are far more likely to buy French wine when French music is playing in the background of a store, and German wine when German music is playing.
16. The national anthem of Greece has 158 stanzas.
17. Marilyn Monroe had a higher IQ (163) than that of Albert Einstein (160).
18. Sloppy doctors’ handwriting accounts for 7,000 deaths a year.
LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE
● For More Info – www.MrHairyBrit.com
● LATEST VIDEOS – goo.gl/ozeQA4
● Twitter – goo.gl/CuZp9s
● Instagram – goo.gl/Bbj3Vt
● Facebook – goo.gl/X6LNyX
● Tumblr – goo.gl/7yhWg4
● Google+ – goo.gl/b9h8J2
Always looking for collab ideas or shout outs – message me here or on Twitter/Facebook 🙂
► SUBSCRIBE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj ◄