SUBSCRIBE FREE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj & JOIN the Hairy Family. 4 Vlogs a week (MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and 1 at WEEKENDs) FUNNY NEWS, MOVIE REVIEWs, FRIENDLY ADVICE and generally try to make you SMILE!
How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast
As long as nuclear weapons exist, there is always the danger they will be used. Is nuclear war survivable? Only predictions exist, as some say yes, others say no. What should you do? Where should you take shelter?
1 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Make a plan. If a nuclear attack does happen, it won’t be safe to venture outside for food — you should stay sheltered for at least 48 hours, preferably longer.
2 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Stock up on non-perishable food. Non-perishables can last several years, whether it’s in storage or in sustaining you after an attack. Choose items that contain a lot of carbohydrates, so you get more caloric bang for your buck, and store them in a cool, dry place:
White rice, Wheat, Beans, Sugar, Honey, Oats, Pasta, Powdered milk, Dried fruits and vegetables
Make sure you have a can opener for canned items.
3 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Store water. Consider keeping a water supply in food-grade plastic containers. Clean the containers with a bleach solution, then fill them with filtered and distilled water.
– Aim to have one gallon per person per day.
– For purifying water in the event of an attack, keep basic household bleach and potassium iodide (Lugol’s solution) on-hand.
4 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Get communication supplies. Being able to stay informed, as well as alerting others to your position, can be vitally valuable. Here’s what you might need:
– A radio: Try to find one that’s crank- or solar-powered.
– A whistle: You can use this to signal for help.
– Your cell phone: Cell service may or may not be maintained, but you’ll want to be ready if it is. If you can, find a solar charger for your model.
5 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Stock up on medical supplies. Having a few medical items available could be the difference between life and death if you’re injured in the attack. You’ll need:
– A basic first aid kit: You can purchase these pre-packaged.
– A first aid instruction booklet: Purchase one from an organization like the Red Cross, or assemble your own with materials you print off from the internet.
– Prescription medications or supplies: If you take a specific medication every day, try to make sure you have a small emergency supply built-up.
6 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Get other miscellaneous items. Round out your emergency preparedness kit with the following.
A flashlight and batteries, Dust masks, Plastic sheeting and duct tape, Garbage bags, plastic ties and wet wipes for personal sanitation, A wrench and pliers, to shut off utilities such as gas and water.
7 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Keep an eye on the news. A nuclear attack will unlikely come out of the blue from an enemy nation.
Many countries have a rating system to denote the imminence of attack. In the USA and Canada, for example, it may be useful to know the DEFCON (DEFense CONdition) level.
8 – How to Survive A Nuclear Fallout | Survival Guide Nuclear Blast – Learn about the different types of nuclear weapons.:
Fission (A-Bombs) are the most basic nuclear weapon and are incorporated into the other weapon classes. This bomb’s power comes from splitting heavy nuclei (plutonium and uranium) with neutrons; as the uranium or plutonium split each atom releases great amounts of energy – and more neutrons. This is the most likely type of bomb to be used by terrorists.
Fusion (H-Bombs), using the incredible heat of a fission bomb ‘spark plug’, compress and heat deuterium and tritium (isotopes of hydrogen) which fuse, releasing immense amounts of energy. Fusion weapons are also known as thermonuclear weapons since high temperatures are required to fuse deuterium and tritium. The bulk of the US and Russian strategic arsenal are these types of bombs.
LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE TO FACEBOOK & SUBSCRIBE
WATCH THE LATEST VIDEOS – goo.gl/jrRpo6
Twitter – www.twitter.com/MrHairyBrit
Facebook – www.facebook.com/HairyBrit
Tumblr – mrhairybrit.tumblr.com/
Google Plus – goo.gl/b9h8J2
Website – www.MrHairyBrit.com
Branding & Webdesign by www.SpicerDesigns.com
General Tags : Weird Facts, How to Survive A Nuclear Fallou,How to Survive A Nuclear Blast,Nuclear Fallout,Nuclear Blast,Survival Guide,Nuclear Explosion,Nuclear Blast Survival Guide,Survival Tips,Prepper,be prepared,end of the world,nuclear war
► SUBSCRIBE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj ◄
- Experts Fear Nuclear Famine: “A Disaster So Massive in Scale that No Preparation is Possible” (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
- Navy Sailors Giving Aid to Japan After Tsunami, Poisoned by Nuclear Fallout (guardianlv.com)
- How To Survive A Nuclear Event (personalliberty.com)
- Experts Fear Nuclear Famine: “A Disaster So Massive in Scale that No Preparation is Possible” (wchildblog.com)
- Is Nuclear Famine in our Future? (tomohalloran.com)
- Experts Fear Nuclear Famine: “A Disaster So Massive in Scale that No Preparation is Possible” (shtfplan.com)
- PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM EMP by DUNCAN LONG (survivalandresistance.com)
- Nuclear blast in space may be dazzling: good view likely. (diverjency.com)
- The Fallout from Fukushima in the Global Nuclear Industry (rinf.com)