SUBSCRIBE FREE – goo.gl/MJe2Tj & JOIN the Hairy Family. 4 Vlogs a week (MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and 1 at WEEKENDs) FUNNY NEWS, MOVIE REVIEWs, FRIENDLY ADVICE and generally try to make you SMILE!
- The average person will go out on a date at least 100 dates before they finally marry
Is that why we all feel the need to move through the dating pool so quickly, because we want to crank out those one hundred dates as quick as possible? And we’re guessing that time we saw our blind date and quickly fled the scene doesn’t count as a date?
- The most common time for breakups is around three to five months
Well, at least most relationships don’t end too painfully! The phase immediately preceding that interval is often referred to as the “honeymoon phase,” but you need to watch out once the magic and the excitement’s over. Just make them a cake, like, every day until month six.
- People tend to make decisions on whether or not they’re attracted to someone within 3 seconds
This factoid comes to you courtesy of the University of Pennsylvania, where researchers studied data from over 10,000 speed daters. Just goes further to prove the power of the first impression!
- It takes a couple an average of 6-8 dates to start seeing their relationship as exclusive
Sounds about right, though we don’t exactly encourage counting dates to figure out where you stand with a person. Just go with whatever feels right!
- Speed dating was invented by a Rabbi in 1999
According to our sources, Rabbi Yaacov Deyo of Los Angeles invented speed dating as a way to get busy Jewish singles to meet each other. The concept quickly spread, and the rest is history.
- Studies have shown that women tend to be attracted to men who wear blue
Blue tends to be the favorite color in America and Europe, and is associated more than any other color with friendship, sympathy, faithfulness, and confidence, so that might be a reason for this. Regardless, the Blue Man Group seems to have it made!
- Immediately after Tiger Wood‘s affairs became public, men looking for discreet relationships on BeNaughty.com dropped by 47.5%
Sometimes, a statistic tells it all; in 2009, every cheating man in America had exactly the same thought: She’s going to look through my browser history. For better or worse, they escaped by the skin of their teeth, but we blame Tiger Woods with indirectly sparking thousands of fights between couples three years ago.
- The curve of the counter in a bar is designed so other customers can easily check out other customers
Things starting to make sense? Same goes for those big mirrors they have behind the counter- they’re to help you check out the people behind you. If two people get to talking for longer, they start buying more drinks, possibly for each other. It’s all about the money!
- Four out of ten workplace relationships result in marriage
That’s actually fantastically good odds! Though a lot of workplaces expressly prohibit flirting at work these days, and there is a good reason why: Those 6/10 that DO go bad? You still have to go to work with them the next day 🙁
- Research shows that it takes women 14 dates to know if they’re falling in love, while it only takes men 3
Let’s face it: Men are creatures with short attention spans. They frequently lose interest in something quickly after getting it. The flip side is that, when they decide they like something, they get fixated on it quickly. So women, stop trying to win your man, but men, don’t give up!
- Speed Dating was Invented by an Orthodox Rabbi (readingbyeugene.com)
- The Pros to Speed Dating and What It Can Do for You (manchesterdatingsingles.wordpress.com)
- Home swap by speed dating (24dash.com)
- Adventures in Speed Dating: Survival Tips (singlechicksblog.com)
- User:KobyHarkness (wiki.mozilla.org)
- Dating in the Fast Lane: How communication predicts speed-dating success (ttunonverbalcoms.wordpress.com)
- Speed Dating Tips and Question Ideas (healthstream.typepad.com)
- The Dating Report: Speed Dating (smmirror.com)
- Speed dating, ey? (travellingwithbelle.wordpress.com)
- The Love Carousel: Literary Speed Dating at Housing Works in SoHo (themillions.com)