STUPID? THUMBS UP / SAVE THE CHILDREN! THUMBS DOWN
One of Britain’s largest magazine retailers has threatened to withdraw so-called “lads’ mags” from sale in its 4,000-plus stores unless publishers put them in sealed modesty bags to obscure the sexual images on the covers. The move by the Co-operative Group follows the introduction of opaque screens on its supermarket shelves this month– a preventative step until publishers provide their own modesty bags.
Publishers of titles such as Front, Loaded, Nuts, FHM, Maxim and Zoo have been given until 9 September to deliver the magazines in pre-sealed bags designed to obscure the front cover, otherwise, the Co-op says, it will stop selling the magazines.The supermarket chain says that the move is in response to growing concern among its members, customers and colleagues about the exposure of children to the overt sexual images on such front covers which, despite the retailer’s efforts, are still sometimes visible in-store.
Please remember LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE as it helps us grow and you wont miss a video 🙂
WANT MORE VIDEOS? – goo.gl/7je095
Branding by www.SpicerDesigns.com
- We may ban lads’ mags, says Tesco boss as he reveals he is ‘startled’ by their content (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Big Brother contestant blasts call for lads mags to cover-up (telegraph.co.uk)
- Co-op threatens to ban ‘harmful’ lads’ mags in censorship ultimatum (express.co.uk)
- David Cameron starts his own inquisition against magic (watcherofthedawn.wordpress.com)
- If we’re being honest… (thinkingaloudx.wordpress.com)
- Sex sells – even when you’re buying votes by banning it (Technical information and clever bits courtesy of Shibblez) (midmus.wordpress.com)
- The pornification of Britain’s high streets: why enough is enough (chloewatsonlanguage.wordpress.com)